Home > News & Articles > Stressbusters > Soothe Tax-Time Blues
Soothe Tax-Time Blues
The Morning Call (Allentown, PA), April 8, 2008
It’s tax season and the economy is a mess, so it makes sense that money is on the minds of most people.
There never seems to be enough of it, and we have trouble handling what little we have.
Here are some coping tips for dealing with today’s unstable economy:
- Accept reality rather than trying to resist it.
- Accept your feelings as valid and use them productively to improve your personal situation.
- Adopt a positive mindset and take control over what you can. For those things you can’t control, learn to let go.
- Get your finances in order. Make a budget and control your spending.
- Talk to others about your concerns. Social support can improve your mood and reduce your stress level.
Copyright © 2008 by Sybil L. Holloway.
May not be reproduced without written permission from the author.