Home > News & Articles > Stressbusters > Practice Self-Care
The Morning Call (Allentown, PA), February 27, 2007
"To keep the body in good health is a duty…otherwise we
shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear."
What happens to a car that does not receive regular maintenance care? It breaks down. What will happen to you if you don’t take care of yourself? You will get sick and fail to function adequately.
Your body is a machine that needs routine servicing. It must be loved, nourished, exercised, and rested appropriately in order to perform at its best.
Some self-care tips:
- Attend to the basics of proper nutrition, exercise, and sleep.
- Set boundaries for work time, family time, and personal time.
- Schedule some “down time” each day for relaxation.
- Learn to say “no”, when appropriate, to extra demands on your time.
- Find an enjoyable hobby.
- Strengthen friendships.
- Get regular physical exams.
Copyright © 2007 by Sybil L. Holloway.
May not be reproduced without written permission from the author.